EMS Newsletter #21
Content: New functionalities available in EMS • Officials Management • Ask your Athletes to update their EMS Athlete Profile • Add attachments, bulletins, pictures and logos in EMS • Important reminder for the skiers who participate in Waterski Tournaments in the USA • Lion Scoring System – Organisation
· Jury Panel Edit function now available (see blue “Edit” button on the right side of the Official’s name)
· User List Excel download now includes email and all user data
· Athletes Excel download now includes email and more data
· Officials Excel download now includes email and more data
· Participation List Competition Details now includes number of participants per Event and total
· All Athletes are shown in Public and Member Section (including inactive Athletes)
· My Jury Panel Officials: Direct access to competitions by clicking on the Name
· Search filters calendar/competitions Public and Member Section: The Start Date is now “today’s” date
· Discipline Administrators have access to national and international Officials functions
· New “Expand All” button on Public Individual classification results. By clicking on the button all categories are expanded/opened
· Competition Type on Competition Details can now be changed,
New enhancement to manage your Officials in EMS in the “Members & Officials” section > search the Official and scroll down to Official’s Functions > it is now possible to add the following data per function:
- Last Seminar Name
- Last Seminar Number
- Last Seminar Date
- Next Seminar Exam
This is a preliminary step to a future, more elaborated “seminar module”. Please note that the EMS Federation Administrators have only access right to the National Officials functions whereas the Discipline Administrators have access right to National and International Officials functions.
The EMS Athlete Profile offers a variety of information an Athletes. Currently there are available: Contact address, phone number, email address, emergency contact (important for minors), social media links (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), CV information, etc.
In the section “Identity: Athlete > Athlete’s Information” of the Profile page, an Athlete can also share information like Started Skiing, First Competition, Favourite Discipline, Hobbies, Sponsors, etc. and upload 4 action pictures and 1 portrait. Please ask your Athletes to complete their EMS Profile. This information is useful for the speakers at competitions and certainly also interesting for the public.
Add attachments, bulletins, pictures and logos in EMS
Any document added to EMS should not exceed 3MB. Site pictures, competition logos and athletes pictures in the Athlete profile should be .jpg files, preferably landscape format (Athlete’s portraits can be in portrait format).
Reminder for the skiers who participate in Waterski Tournaments in the USA
Very important reminder for your skiers! To participate in waterski tournaments in the USA, they need a US25 yearly unlimited IWWF license. They are also responsible for making sure that their Federation code and EMS ID number are correctly updated in the US membership system as per following example:
As previously announced, IWWF is now the contract partner of Emmanuel Lion for the Scoring System and no more the European Confederation. It has finally been decided that the Confederations/Federations will not be charged for using it anymore but are requested to submit their wishes for changes, corrections, enhancements, etc. to the EMS Project Team for clarification with the respective World Sports Councils Presidents and coordination with Emmanuel Lion, EMS being the leading system.
If you need more information about EMS please refer to the appropriate video tutorial which you can find on the EMS Home/Calendar screen or through the following website access https://ems.iwwf.sport/Legal/Resources .
The EMS Team
Global EMS Administrator
Bernhard Kosch firstname.lastname@example.org
EMS Scorers/Calculators Support Team
Bruce Cockburn (Oceania) email@example.com
Dany De Bakker (Europe) firstname.lastname@example.org
Diego Restrepo (South-/Latin-America) email@example.com
EMS Development & Management
Peter Frei firstname.lastname@example.org
Morten Froulund email@example.com
EMS Newsletter 21.pdf